St. Louis Burn Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
At The Floyd Law Firm, our St. Louis burn injury lawyers represent burn injury victims after many different types of accidents. A St. Louis injury attorney from our firm can help you understand your rights, hold someone responsible for your burn injuries, and seek financial compensation for your medical bills and additional losses.
Burns are a devastating type of injury that can have a great physical, emotional, and financial impact on a survivor. Call The Floyd Law Firm at (314) 863-4114 for a free case consultation.
Why You Need a Burn Injury Lawyer in St. Louis
A St. Louis burn injury lawyer can make the legal process easier for you and your family during this difficult time. While you focus on healing from your burn injuries and undergoing physical therapy or rehabilitation, your lawyer can investigate your accident, determine fault, identify the defendant(s), collect evidence, hire experts, and handle confusing legal paperwork for you. You can trust your lawyer to help you with a burn injury claim every step of the way.
Compensation Available for Burn Victims
You may be able to file a burn injury claim in St. Louis if one or more parties caused or contributed to your injury. For example, if a distracted driver caused a car accident that gave you burn injuries, you may be able to bring a claim against the driver’s insurance company.
A successful claim against one or more at-fault parties could result in payment for the following:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing medical care
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
- Punitive damages, in rare cases
This is just an idea of the types of damages that may be available with a burn injury lawsuit. If you suffered a burn injury at work, you may also qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Contact a St. Louis burn injury attorney at The Floyd Law Firm to discuss the full potential value of your case.
Types of Burn Injuries
A burn victim’s treatment options and prognosis for recovery will depend on the type of burn injury. Burn injuries are classified by type as well as degree.
The four most common types of burn injuries are thermal, electrical, chemical, and radiation burns.
- Thermal burns occur the most often and are caused by contact with fire, steam, or hot objects.
- Electrical burns are from a source of electricity, such as a power line or lightning.
- Chemical burns are from caustic chemicals such as acids.
- Radiation burns can occur from contact with radiation, such as X-rays or the sun.
Degrees of Burns
Burn injuries are also classified into three degrees.
- A first-degree burn is the least serious type. It generally does not cause blistering or penetrate deeper than the first layer of skin (the epidermis).
- A second-degree burn can cause blistering and comes with a risk of infection. It affects the first and second layers of skin (the dermis).
- A third-degree burn is the most severe type. It can affect the deeper tissues, including muscle and bone. Third-degree burns are permanently disfiguring and can cause long-term complications, such as infections, amputations, and nerve damage.
Contact a St. Louis Burn Injury Lawyer Toay
With over 50 years in business, our St. Louis burn injury attorneys at The Floyd Law Firm know how to handle even the most complicated and high-stakes burn injury cases. Find out how we can help you and your family during a free case consultation in St. Louis.
We will ask questions about your accident, your burn injury prognosis, and other facts to better understand your case. Then, as your attorneys, we will help you go up against one or multiple parties in pursuit of maximum financial compensation. Contact us online or call (314) 863-4114 today to speak to an attorney.