Edwardsville Motorcycle Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Our team of Edwardsville motorcycle accident attorneys at The Floyd Law Firm is standing by your side, ready to help. Since 1959, the Floyd Law Firm has been fighting for the rights of Edwardsville residents facing personal injury cases, thanks to the leadership of Walter Floyd. Our team always seeks maximum compensation on behalf of our clients.
Have you or a loved one experienced pain and suffering due to a motorcycle accident caused by another motorist? Did that individual’s careless negligence cause you to experience extensive medical bills, lost wages, and property damage?
We can help. Get started with a firm with millions in successful pre-trial settlements or jury verdicts. Book your free, no-obligation Edwardsville motorcycle accident case review and consultation by calling (314) 863-4114 or scheduling online today.
What Should I Do After Getting In A Motorcycle Accident In Edwardsville?
Understanding all the steps to follow after getting in a motorcycle accident is important. If you are physically capable, it’s important to do the following:
- Seek medical attention: Call an ambulance or go to the doctor if your injuries are minor. Even if you think it’s not a big deal, showing that you sought medical treatment will help your case.
- Contact law enforcement: Report the accident to the appropriate authorities. This will create an official incident record, essential for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Gather information: Obtain relevant details from the accident scene, including the contact information of involved parties, witnesses, and insurance information. If possible, take photos of the scene, vehicle damage, and your injuries.
- Preserve evidence: Preserve any evidence related to the accident, such as damaged motorcycle parts, clothing, or any documentation, as they may serve as valuable evidence for your case.
- Consult an experienced Edwardsville motorcycle accident attorney: Contact The Floyd Law Firm for a free consultation with our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers. We will evaluate your case, explain your rights, and guide you through the legal process. Our team of accident attorneys will diligently protect your interests and seek fair compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to reports by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), there were 2,544 motorcycle accidents in the state, resulting in 174 fatalities in 2021. 6 of those accidents were in Edwardsville, according to IDOT.
Motorcycle accidents and fatalities are on the rise in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there has been an 8% increase in motorcyclist fatalities from 2020 to 2021.
- The fatality rate for motorcycle riders who experience crashes is 24 times the rate of those in passenger cars.
- 14% of all traffic fatalities were motorcyclists in 2021, the highest number on record since 1975.
- There were 82,586 motorcyclists injured in 2021, a 5% increase from those injured in 2020.
Contact an Edwardsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The father-son duo of Walter and Mark Floyd has decades of experience working with motorcycle accident victims just like you or your loved one.
Time is of the essence when pursuing a motorcycle accident claim, so don’t delay. Contact our Edwardsville motorcycle accident attorneys today for the legal support and representation you deserve. Schedule a motorcycle accident case review by calling (314) 863-4114 or by booking online today.