Why Choose Us?
- Our trial attorneys have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for past clients. We are the right choice when results matter most.
- Attorney Mark L. Floyd was the youngest personal injury lawyer in St. Louis to receive an “A” rating for ability from Martindale-Hubbell. He now has more than 25 years in practice.
- Attorney Walter L. Floyd (Retired) has a 98-percent recovery success rate on claims handled to completion.
- We care about our clients, something that is demonstrated by our client testimonials. At The Floyd Law Firm, we treat our clients like family.
Our Core Beliefs Have Not Changed in Over 50 Years
In 1959, attorney Walter L. Floyd established our law firm on the idea that a legal practice is a service, not a business. He put his clients first by believing in a few core principles, which we continue to uphold today. What do we believe in?
- What’s fair: Whether injured on a job site or in a car accident, it is only fair that you are able to obtain the compensation you need to pay for surgeries or rehabilitative treatment, replace your wages while you recover or supplement your income when a disability lowers your income potential.
- Your rights: You have the right to seek compensation when you are injured or wronged. You also have the right to be heard and the right to be free from intimidation or bullying, whether it is by your employer or a powerful insurance company.
- Your dignity: Getting the job done is one thing. Getting it done with your dignity intact is another. We take the latter approach. We represent you with integrity, like working with your employer to enforce your rights when you want to protect a relationship.
A Law Firm You Can Trust When You Need Help
Have you or a loved one suffered a serious injury? You know that your future and your family’s future are largely dependent on the outcome of your workers’ compensation or personal injury claim. The physical and emotional pain you feel and the financial stress you experience is very real, and it is personal.
At The Floyd Law Firm in St. Louis, we appreciate the weight of our responsibility as lawyers. We fight for those who were hurt or wronged in both Missouri and southern Illinois. It is genuinely gratifying for us to be able to use the law to help them through an extremely difficult time in their lives.
Our Practice Areas
At The Floyd Law Firm, our personal injury and workers’ compensation attorneys have the ability to handle many different types of cases. We can help if you or a loved one has been injured and needs to pursue any of the following types of claims:
- Motor vehicle accidents: collisions involving cars, trucks, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, bicycles, or pedestrians.
- Workers’ compensation: insurance claims filed by workers who were injured or developed illnesses within the course and scope of employment.
- Workplace accidents: personal injury or wrongful death claims for victims who were injured by negligence on the job, such as carelessness by an employer or coworker.
- Premises liability: claims against property owners for accidents caused by dangerous conditions, such as slips and falls on private and public premises.
- Product liability: a case brought against the manufacturer of a defective product for injuring a consumer, including products contaminated with asbestos.
- Excessive police force: an injury claim brought by a victim of law enforcement’s excessive use of force or unreasonable use of deadly force.
- Wrongful death: a claim brought by surviving family members or the estate for the death of a loved one due to the wrongful act, neglect, or default of another person.
Our lawyers have decades of legal experience in a wide variety of practice areas. We have the ability to navigate even the most complicated personal injury case. We can help if you have suffered broken bones, soft-tissue damage, a head or brain injury, a spinal cord injury, or other catastrophic injuries.