Maryland Heights Truck Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Have you or a loved one been injured by a negligent truck driver in Maryland Heights? If you’re scared or unsure where to turn, contact our Maryland Heights truck accident attorneys at The Floyd Law Firm today.
With our unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, we strive to achieve favorable outcomes in your truck accident case and provide guidance throughout your healing process. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so we don’t get paid until you do. Don’t delay – call us at (314) 863-4114 today to book your case review and consultation.
Statistics About Truck Accidents In Missouri
The National Highway Safety Traffic Administration (NHSTA) splits trucks into two main categories largely based on weight: light trucks and large trucks.
- A light truck is any vehicle rated at less than or equal to 8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), as defined by the Code of Federal Regulations.
- A heavy truck is any vehicle rated at 8,501 pounds GVWR or more.
In Missouri in 2021, 34% of all fatal motor vehicle accidents involved a light truck, with 3% involving heavy trucks, according to NHTSA’s State Traffic Safety Information (STSI).
With trucks involved in 37% of all fatal motor vehicle accidents, compared to 31% involving passenger cars, a truck is one of the most dangerous vehicles to encounter while on the road in Missouri.
Additionally, 9,924 trucks of varying weights were involved in personal injury crashes in 2022, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol Statistical Analysis Center.
What Should I Do If I’m Involved In A Truck Accident In Maryland Heights?
It’s imperative to do the following after getting in a truck accident:
- Seek Medical Attention: After a truck accident in Maryland Heights, it is crucial to prioritize your health and seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries seem minor. A prompt medical evaluation can give you an accurate picture of your well-being and helps create an important paper trail of documentation for future personal injury claims.
- Contact A Personal Injury Attorney: Contact an experienced Maryland Heights truck accident attorney who takes truck accident cases, like the lawyers at Floyd Law, who can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
- Document and Preserve Evidence At The Scene: Take photos of the scene, vehicle damages, and any visible injuries. Collect contact information from witnesses and record any relevant details. This documented evidence will be valuable in establishing liability and supporting your claim.
- Don’t Settle With Insurance Agencies: Avoid settling with insurance adjusters without consulting an attorney. Insurance adjusters may offer a quick settlement that may not fully compensate you for your losses. Let your personal injury attorney handle negotiations to ensure you receive fair and just compensation.
The Floyd Law Firm Seeks Maximum Compensation In Maryland Heights Truck Accident Cases
The esteemed father-son attorney duo of Walter and Mark Floyd has been helping truck accident victims like you or your loved one recover damages for decades. We know you’ve been through pain and suffering due to your truck accident, so we do what we can to make things right.
So contact the legal team with over $50 million won for clients throughout our firm’s history to book your free, no-obligation truck accident case review. Call our Maryland Heights truck accident attorneys at (314) 863-4114 or schedule your appointment online.